Mid Island Baby & Kids Market and Doulas!
We are excited to be participating once again the Mid Island Baby and Kids Market on Sunday, November 5 at 10:00-4:00 at the Native Sons Hall in Court...
Doulas are the Good Gravy & I Wish They Were Free!! by Serena Oliveira (doula)
Money and doulas. Wouldn't it be nice if money, AND doulas grew on trees!? This would definitely stir things up! We live in a world where invest...
Doulas co-sponsor the Mid Island Baby and Kids Market May 15, 2016
We are excited to be co-sponsoring the Mid Island Baby and Kids Market on Sunday, May 15 at 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM at the Native Sons Hall in Courtenay, BC...
Contact a Doula
FEES FOR SERVICE
Fees for Doula services on the North Island range between $600 and $1200 depending on experience, certifications, or unique expertise/services included. Some Doulas work on a sliding scale or will negotiate payment plans. Don't let fees keep you from having the birth experience you deserve. It is worth having a conversation with a few of us before you decide.
A typical Birth Doula package may include:
- A free introductory information session
- 2 prenatal and 2 postnatal visits
- Attendance/support during entire home or hospital birth
* A Postpartum doula provides support after your baby is born. Average rates are $25-35 per hour, and is separate from Birth Doula fees as the service is customized to your specific needs. Not all doulas offer this service, so it is a good question to ask when interviewing a doula.
For individual quotes/fees, please contact your choice of Doulas from the list below. Contact info is listed per doula.
"When choosing a Doula, the right personality match can be more important than any other factor and, therefore, we encourage women to interview a few of us before making their decision."
Note: Only the names listed below are members of The Comox Valley Doulas. Please SCROLL DOWN to see all of our doulas!
If you wish to become a member of Comox Valley Doulas, please use the Contact link in the upper right hand corner of our web page.
If you are from Victoria area, contact Doulas of Victoria www.doulasofvictoria.ca
If you (or your partner) self identify as Aboriginal, there may be resources available for you to pay for your doula care. See BCAAFC and First Nations Health Authority Grant for some information and contact BCAAFC doula program
Phone Number: 250-218-3796 | Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinator of Comox Valley Doulas Collective
* DONA Certified doula CD(DONA)- (NOTE: Available January 2019, as I am currently doing my PhD. Available for email consultations and referrals. You are in VERY good hands with any doulas listed below!)
* Mother of two phenomenal people
* Over 11 years' experience providing evidence-based compassionate doula care in home, water birth, and hospital environments. \
* Experienced in supporting mothers through planned/urgent Cesarean birth, VBAC, teen births, twins, high-risk or premature labour/birth
* Excellent professional connections to local midwives/physicians, public health and hospital staff
* A mentor/educator on evidence-based perinatal research; member of perinatal advisory committees
* Offer respectful, skilled and non-judgmental postpartum breastfeeding support and newborn care tips
"Pregnancy and childbirth are two of the most powerful and miraculous experiences in a woman's life. It's an honour to be able to provide women and their birthing partners with quality information, intuitive support and competent care to ensure every birth is a positive experience for all."
Phone Number: 250-650-4432 | Email:email@example.com
*DONA Certified doula CD(DONA)
*Pre-certified ProDoula Birth and Postpartum Doula
*Certified Childbirth Educator
*Pre-certified Postpartum Placenta Specialist
Owner of In Bloom Births, a full service Doula Agency offering Labour Support, Postpartum Care, Childbirth Education, and Placenta Encapsulation.
Find me on facebook: www.facebook.com/inbloombirths
“As a doula, I understand and honour that each woman’s desires and needs for her birth and postpartum are vastly unique. My hope is to be a calm and empowering presence, leaving you feeling as though you have been compassionately supported throughout your entire experience as you make the passage into parenthood.”
Phone Number: 250 465 2367 | Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Available starting in November 2018
* Completed my Wise Woman Way of Birth Doula Certification with Gloria Lemay in 2009
* Experienced in providing holistic nurturing care and advocacy for home, hospital, cesarean and VBAC births
* Comfortable and experienced supporting families of various backgrounds and walks of life, including LBGTQ and young families
* Provider of comprehensive breastfeeding support and postpartum care
* Seasoned at offering informed consent, choice and up to date evidence-based education for the childbearing year (conception, pregnancy, birth & postpartum)
* Mother of 2 wildly-willed boys, both born at home in the Comox Valley
"On the other side of fear, there is freedom. Freedom is felt in the embrace of your power."
Phone Number: (250) 650-6655 | Email:email@example.com
* DONA Certified Birth Doula, CD(DONA)
* Mother of 2 wild boys - 1 hospital birth, 1 home birth
* Early Childhood Educator since 2002 with extensive experience supporting and guiding families of young children according to their needs. Currently a StrongStart Program facilitator.
* Knowledgeable in current resources and information pertaining to conception, pregnancy, birth, the early postpartum weeks, and breastfeeding.
* Experience supporting mothers and their partners in both hospital and home settings.
* Open and welcoming to all expectant parents, including LGBTQ and teens.
"Birth is a powerful, life-changing event in your life. I am in awe of women's strength and natural birthing instincts during labour and birth. My goals as your doula are to help you and your birth partner tap into your strengths, to nurture you, to encourage you, and to help you achieve your most desired and positive birth experience possible; leaving you feeling supported, listened to, empowered and divine."
Find me on Facebook: Pamela Tessman Doula
Phone Number: 250-337-8759 or 250-331-2429 | Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
*DONA Certified doula CD(DONA)
*Mother of 4 amazing grown children including a midwife and 2 doctors
*Experience with twin birth, teens, cesarean, hospital, and home birth
*Certified in Aromatouch Therapy
*Willing to provide postpartum doula support and care as well
*Live in Black Creek, so can provide service in both Courtenay and Campbell River
"I am honoured to support a woman and her birth partner through the miraculous process of childbirth. My desire is to give emotional and physical support with wisdom, sensitivity, and gentle care. I see preserving the birth story as an important part of my service, with written and photographic documentation compiled in book form."
*Find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HelpingHandsBirthDoulas
Phone Number: 604-369-5892 | Email:email@example.com
* POSTPARTUM DOULA
Pre-Certified Postpartum Doula with ProDoula
* Mother of two, one premature and one full term
*French Native born in a multicultural family, fluent in English & intermediate in Spanish
* Provide feeding & breastfeeding support
* Comfortable supporting new mother & family during postnatal period
* Experienced in caring for & entertaining siblings including children with special needs
* Emergency Child care First-Aid/ CPR / AED Level B
Follow me on Facebook: vanessadoulaincomox
“As a postpartum doula, my mission is to facilitate the life-changing experience created by the arrival of a new baby by providing encouragement, support and coaching to the new parents until they gain confidence in their parenting skills.”
"En tant que doula postpartum, ma mission est d’aider les parents à aborder avec plus de sérénité la période d’ajustement suite à l'arrivée d'un bébé. J’ai à cœur d’aider la nouvelle maman et d’apporter mon soutien aux nouveaux parents."
Phone Number: 778-992-0123 | Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
* Experienced Birth Doula, DONA trained since 2000 and Prodoula pre-certified (2016)
* Postpartum and infant care Doula, pre-certified Prodoula (2017)
* First Aid and CPR certified
* experience with VBAC, cesarean birth, epidurals and homebirths
* Member of Andrea Postal's doula team at In Bloom Births
I feel passionate about how I can provide non-judgmental support to families during this monumental time, from pregnancy to the postpartum period. My life experience has given me the skill of being able to relate to people at their most vulnerable, while attuning to what they need, making them feel deeply nurtured and safe. My best tool I bring is a warm, gentle and calming presence. When I am not being a doula I am spending time with my family and can often be found buried under a mountain of needle felting, or up to my elbows in my veggie garden.
Phone Number: 250-248-7658 | Email: email@example.com
* DONA trained birth doula(working towards certification)
* Mother of three daughters(hospital births with a midwife)
* Offering low cost/no cost birth while working on certification
Pregnancy and childbirth can be one of the most wonderful yet frightening times in a woman's life. With a calm, quiet demeanour, I provide mothers, their partners and families with reassurance through this time. I'll help make the wonderful more wonderful and the frightening a little easier to cope with.
Phone Number: 1-204-510-7954 | Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
* DONA Certified Birth Doula CD(DONA) and caregiver with a myriad of experience based on a foundation of empathy, compassion and trust.
* My own three births defined my practice and prepared me for any contingency.
* 20 years experience as a Registered Massage Therapist (including prenatal massage)
* Canadian School of Natural Nutrition Certification
* Focused on pre and postnatal health, utilizing the strength of a woman’s body and ensuring proper nutrition throughout life for both mother and baby.
* Urban Sage RMT/Doula
"I firmly believe that calm, knowledgeable guidance can leverage the immense, intrinsic power of a mother to make the birth experience the most beautiful and fulfilling of one’s life."
Phone Number: (250) 465-2011 | Email:Valeryebenner@me.com
*Childbirth Educator and Breastfeeding Counselor
*Providing perinatal and postpartum care to clients in Campbell River and Quadra Island.
Phone Number: 250 337-8700 | Email:Ak.email@example.com
* KERRY IS CURRENTLY IN INDIA WORKING IN AN ORPHANAGE FOR 6 MONTHS: Back in April!
* DONA Certified Birth Doula CD(DONA) * Mother of 4 grown children and Grandmother of 5
* Experience with teen birth, cesarean birth, and VBAC
* Cultural Competency Training Certificate for supporting Indigenous women
* Excellent communicator and enjoy working as a team
* I live in Black Creek and serve Courtenay and Campbell River
* Certified/experienced in supporting First Nations mothers, funded through the B.C. Association of Friendship Centers, for Aboriginal women(when funding available)
Find me on facebook: www.facebook.com/KerrysDoulaCare I love the miracle of childbirth and how unique each birth is. I like to empower women and their partners to have the most positive birth experience they can have. I bring a strong, calm presence to birth as well as my flexibility. Included in my service is a written photographic documentation of your birth.